Choosing products and construction methods that have a reduced impact on the earth is simple and considerate of our natural resources.
- Quality work lasts longer and gives the materials used the respect they deserve
- Advanced framing techniques reduce the amount of material needed without sacrificing strength or durability and improves insulation performance
- Extensive reduction and recycling of materials reduce our waste material from a typical 15% – 20% on a project down to about 3%
- We offer Iowa woods milled and processed at our shop
- Framing and cabinet materials certified as responsibly harvested by the Forest Stewardship Council
- Our products are researched for origin of manufacturing and embodied energy with preference to local materials with a low amount of energy needed to manufacture and transport them